I need assistance for several items this week at St Mark. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 303-346-8830 to volunteeer.
1. Tuesday evening - we have been asked to drape a cloth over corpus on the crucifix so I need two men to spend about 15 minutes with a ladder - time will be after daily Mass.
2. Tuesday evening - we need to get the old cross and the portable altar from the storage unit for use on Holy Thursday and Good Friday for veneration, a minimum of four men are needed since it is large and heavy - after daily mass (i.e. 6:30 PM)
3. Thursday evening - following the Mass of the Last Supper - set the old cross in the sanctuary
4. Good Friday - stations of the cross at Noon - see prior e-mail with contact info for John Wheeler, followed by recitation of the rosary for the intentions of the Elect who are recieving sacraments at the Vigil.
5. Holy Saturday - 9:00 AM - please come help the Daughters or Mary decorate and set up for Easter Masses.
6. Easter Sunday 9:30 AM- Noon - parking lot assistance/directing traffic
Vivat Jesus, Bernie Kuta, Council Church Director
Proposal for Sacred Vessel donation:
Whereas St. Mark Parish will be celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2015, I hereby propose that the Knights of Columbus Council 1498 memorialize this event with the purchase and presentation of an ornate Chalice and Paten for use by any and all priests affiliated with, or visiting, St. Mark in their celebration of the Holy Mass at the Parish.
This gift would be presentedto the Parish of St. Mark during the April 2015 anniversary celebration and havean engraved inscription denoting the gift from KofC 1498 to the Parish.
Due to the fairly substantial outlay of Council monies being requested, all members of our Council 1498 should be given the opportunity to offset the total cost by making a personal donation to the fund. The cost for the Chalice and Paten would range between $2,500 and $3000.
I move that KofC Council 1498 create a Sacred Vessel fund for this purpose, and provide $1500 as seed money for the purchase.
Respectively submitted this 13th day of November, 2014
1ST ANNUAL KofC CHILI DAYS
ALL PARISHONERS ARE WELCOME
Join us on October 4th (after the 4pm Mass) for our 1st Annual Chili Cook-Off at St. Mark! For our inaugural year, funds raised will go towards the Home for the Shepherds Fund. Enter your chili for your chance at bragging rights! The winner will have their name engraved onto our traveling trophy.
Entry is easy
*email Keith Lowry at email@example.com with you name, address and ph# to confirm your registration. Include "Chili Cook-Off" in the subject line.
*Deposit $30.00 entry fee in the Knights mail slot located in the lower level in the St. Mary's room. Make checks payable to Knights of Columbus Council #1498. Write Chili Cook-Off in the memo box.
*Bring a minimum of a 6 quart pot of chili labeled with your name just prior to 4pm mass. Outlets to be provided for crockpots.
*Registrations and entry fees must be received prior to October 1st!
On October 3, 2013 the council voted to modify our bylaws immediately. Three items were changed. and have been submitted to Supreme and have been approved. The revised bylaws will be published and posted on our website.
1. Meetings updated : Business Meetings will continue to be on the 1st Thursday of each month, Planning Meetings are to be held on the 4th Thursday
2. Member Dues have been increased to $50 per annum (previously was $36) This amount will become effective for CY2014. (The amount is substantiated as being the amount that is needed for paying Supreme and State assessments plus council operating expenses that should not be taken out of "donations" or "revenue" from charitable events.)
3. The maximum amount that can be approved within the context of one meeting is now $250 (previously was $400). (The discussion was about making it a practice for people asking or funds to be prepared a month in advance of the need. Historically, the council has often been asked for the $400 without much justification or reasoning simply because that was the limit.)
Bernie Kuta\\\ Grndk Knight
This year the council officers are embarking to mentor new (and inactive) members for Council 1498. If you would like to volunteer as a mentor, please contact me.
Guidance is forthcoming, but generally a mentor will be tasked with taking a member under his wing and helping him become active and a blessing to the council. Getting involved in program committees, events, and learning about the KofC Organization. Proposers will also be asked to followup with new members to help them become integrated.